Dhira Yoga Teacher Training School Overview
To apply, contact us for an interview/application.
Certification (upon successful completion of the training)
Next Teacher Training begins in April, 2019. Dhira aims to provide an innovative Teacher Training that is personalized, flexible, affordable and which allows participants to focus their efforts on one aspect of training at a time. Krishnamacharya, oft times referred to as “the father of Modern Yoga”, believed that the path of yoga would mean different things for different people and that instruction should be individualized to fit the needs of each practitioner. I believe the same applies to the instruction of training teachers of yoga.
So, the schedule of Dhira’s training will be flexible, and personalized, to fit the needs of participants. Similarly, the individual yoga path of each participant will be taken into account leading to a varied emphasis on content which will in turn enrich all participants. Although flexible and personalized, the training will be challenging, extensive and requires a strong commitment.
• Intensive study and practice of Asanas (postures)
• Sanskrit, basic for yoga (including names of asanas)
• Assisting and modification of poses
• Yogic diet
• Chanting, how to lead a call and response chant
• The Business of teaching Yoga
• Class sequencing and planning — how to teach a creative, well-rounded, rigorous vinyasa class which can be adapted for all levels
• Observation of yoga classes at studio
• Hands on assisting of classes at studio
• Practice teaching, learning through actual teaching experience
• Deepen your own yoga practice!
• A desire to deepen your own practice
• A sincere commitment to a daily yoga practice, not necessarily asana every day
• A minimum of 12 months practicing yoga
• A consistent regular asana practice at Dhira Yoga
- comparatively low priced to most “200 hour” trainings,
- innovative (not a cookie cutter, one size fits all training)
- flexibly scheduled (arrange a schedule that fits into your life, take courses that serve you, work at a pace that is right for you, focus on those aspects of training you are most interested in)
- divided into units (or courses, concentrating on individual aspects of training at a time –> asana practice, pranayama and meditation, “finding your voice” teaching asana and practice teaching, assisting, philosophy, sanskrit and chanting)
- emphasizing the quality of, and attaining the objective of, the content of each unit, rather than achieving a certain amount of hours studying each unit,
- a training which delves deeper into yoga philosophy than most trainings, including three courses on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita,
- individualizing content to a large extent to serve the needs and interests of each participant,
- a training which prepares you for “success” as partially defined by you,
- dynamically structured training: allowing you to benefit from delving deeper into your own particular interests, while still receiving a well rounded training. You will also benefit by being exposed to the deeper explorations of the practice made by other trainees.
This teacher training is designed not only for practitioners who want to be teachers, but also for serious students desirous of deepening their practice with an inspiring community of yogis.
Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the YTT Program will receive a 250 Hour Certificate of Completion from Dhira Yoga Center.
To apply, contact us for an application.