Take the next step towards deepening and sharing your practice. Learn and Teach. Have Fun on the journey. To apply for scholarships, the training or for more info, contact us.
250 Hour Certification (upon successful completion of the training).
Dhira’s Teacher Training is a year long training offered twice a year, beginning either in April or in September. Offered to those who want to become teachers as well as those who want to deepen their practice and may or may not want to teach. Designed for maximum schedule flexibility. Asana practice requirements are met according to your own schedule. Training includes Unlimited Classes for one year. Classes can be taken In Studio and/or Livestreaming.
Three courses included in the training focus on The Upanishads, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita and can be attended either In Studio or by Livestreaming. Once a month, there are Sunday meetings with fellow trainees which can be livestreamed if not able to be in studio.
Dhira’s innovative Teacher Training is designed not only for maximum flexibility but also for affordability. The cost of training is $2,400. This includes unlimited studio, livestreaming and on demand classes, three courses, monthly training sessions and workshops, and consultations regarding a deeper dive into your choice of one aspect of yoga practice. Payment plans are available. Apply early for scholarships.
Flexible, affordable and personalized — the training also offers a deep dive into one aspect of yoga practice or philosophy. Participants will choose a particular aspect of yoga practice or study that calls to them. Some examples from past teacher trainees are pranayama practices, meditation techniques, inversion asanas, Warrior poses, mythology and asana. One might choose a deeper dive into some aspect of yoga philosophy or a particular yoga text, or kundalini yoga, chakras, teaching yoga to particular communities, etcetera. The path of yoga is different for everyone. Dhira’s Teacher Training encourages you to follow your own personal connection to the practice. Yoga teacher training should be personalized to fit the needs, interests and passions of each practitioner.
So, Dhira’s training is flexible, affordable and personalized.
The training will also be comprehensive, extensive and requires a strong commitment.
TRAINING COMPONENTS INCLUDE:
- A Strong Emphasis on the History and Philosophy of Yoga, with three courses during the year on classic yoga texts (Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita).
- Intensive study and practice of Asanas (postures)
- Sanskrit, basic for yoga (including names of asanas)
- Assisting and modification of poses
- Yoga Anatomy
- Japa Mantra, as well as Chanting — how to lead a call and response chant
- The Business of teaching Yoga
- Class sequencing and planning — how to teach a creative, well-rounded, rigorous vinyasa class which can be adapted for all levels
- Observation of yoga classes at studio
- Learning how to assist students in their asana practice and the different kinds of assists you can safely offer.
- Practice teaching, learning to teach by teaching classes at Dhira.
- Finding your voice as a teacher.
- Taking your yoga practice to a much deeper level!
- Passion for yoga
- Desire and commitment to deepen your own practice
- A consistent and enthusiastic devotion to a well rounded practice
Benefits of Dhira Yoga’s Teacher Training:
- comparatively low priced to most teacher trainings
- innovative (not a cookie cutter, one size fits all training)
- flexibly scheduled
- a training which delves deeper into yoga philosophy than most teacher trainings — three eight week courses (Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita).
- individualizing content which prepares you for “success” as partially defined by you
- practical experience: opportunities to teach yoga classes at Dhira
- dynamically structured training: delving deeper into your own particular interests, while still receiving a well rounded training.
- joining a community, and having the mutual support of a community of devoted practitioners (soon to be friends!)
Dhira Yoga’s Teacher Training is designed not only for those who want to be teachers, but also for those whose aim is to deepen their practice with an inspiring community of yogis.
Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the Dhira Yoga’s Teacher Training Program will receive a 250 Hour Certificate of Completion (CYT) from the Dhira Yoga Center.
All teacher training fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If, for any reason, you are unable to complete the training, you will be allowed to continue the training the following year, where you left off.
Ready to apply? Have questions? Please contact us here. Or Call us at 413-998-3463. We are happy to answer any questions you might have.